Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Bravo! Bravo!

Cooper this morning.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Cooper was not feeling well last night. As you know my second law of babies is "if the baby can't sleep, the parents won't sleep". Mommy took a half day to take Cooper to the doctor's office. We thought it might be the ear infection flaring up, but no... He's got some inflamed gums. Teething. Doctor advised us to coordinate ibuprofen into an arrangement with Tylenol.


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Tonight Mommy left to go to the grocery and then as if on cue, poor little Cooper started the fussiness. He does it everytime. He just wants to test me.

I always go down the list of things to do when he's fussy: pick him up, check his diaper, smile at him, put him in front of the mirror, give him a toy, laugh, drink a beer (that's for me, not him) and anything else that I can think of. So tonight, Cooper D got a first class whistling/hand clapping/monkey noise making concert. I have to say it was a virtuoso performance on my part. I had the audience's full undivided attention for at least 5 solid minutes. I don't remember the entire set, (when you're out on that stage you just gotta let it all hang out) but I'm sure that "Yankee Doodle Dandy" was played as it is a major part of my repertoire, as was Queen's "We Will Rock You" (that's where the handclapping comes in), followed by some monkey noises which always grab young Cooper's attention. The monkey noises are always good for some comic relief.

There were some good improvisational solos in the mix, but the highlight of the evening had to be "We Will Rock You". Cooper was fascinated by the hand clapping. You can tell he sees it and he wants to do it, but the message can not yet be relayed from his brain to his little hands. Perhaps the only thing the concert needed was more cowbell and a Skynyrd tune or two.

Yes, it was a good evening. I like sitting on my computer and then looking over at him in his exersaucer. He'll want attention and then I'll smile and he'll smile back. What a good day.

Spiky haired, punk rock Cooper. He reminds me of a young Billy Idol.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

It seems like all that boy wants to do is watch football on the television.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

2 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Monkey music eh? Nicholas wants to know if it's a traveling show since he can't drive yet...
Love the spikey do

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.