Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Double Your Pleasure

It's a rarity here, but tonight is a two post evening. I just can't stop. Plus it gives us more pictures to show Grandma Stella. We don't want to make her mad. Ever.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

I consider myself a fairly smart person. I have a master's degree. I've passed the CPA exam. I'm an expert at computer databases and a pretty good programmer. I even know how to make beer. Even sometimes I can make really good beer.

What I can't do however, is figure out how to use the Black and Decker can opener that my wife bought. We've had it now for awhile, but I'm just completely incapable of using it. I line the sharp edge up against the edge of the can and put the can up to the magnet and then pull the arm down, but nope...I can not do it. I'm so ashamed of myself. I mean I can make BEER, but I can't use a gosh darn (not what I'd really say) can opener.

I'm starting to wonder if I was just born without the part of the brain required to use a Black and Decker can opener. I never had any problems with my old Sunbeam can opener, mind you. I can open cans with the hand opener, but with the Black and Decker, nope, nada, zilch, not gonna happen. Did I mention that I know how to make beer?

It's giving me a psychological complex. Soon my wife may have to send me to a "special" place. Like some kind of place with padded walls and doors and pictures of pretty horseys on the walls with rainbows.

Or perhaps I should just look at the bright side and use this as an excuse to not have to cook. Yes. I like that idea. (And it will give me more time to make beer.)

The evil black can opener.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

A "lost" picture from Sunday.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

1 comment:

RB said...

I think babybella has a little bit of a cold as well, she woke up at 1:30 for no reason. She wasn't hungry just wanted to be held. I wanted to comply, but I was sooooo tired.