Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Please God, let him sleep through the night

It was another restless night last night. The second rule of babies kicked in again - "If the baby can't sleep, then the parents won't sleep." It wasn't the same last night. He was fine. He just didn't want to go back to sleep. Cooper thought it was playtime. At one point I put him in his vibrating chair, while I rested my head on his Boppy on the floor. I put my legs up on the recliner. Cooper just sat straight up and laughed at me.

I didn't get much sleep. Somehow I made it through the workday. I suppose a couple of large Mountain Dews helped. I was definitely draggin'.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

He's just into grabbing everything and playing. It's amazing how fast he has grown. It wasn't that long ago when he was just a lump that sat, cried, and pooped. Now it's almost impossible to hold him for very long before he gets the "squirms". Another few inches and another five pounds, I just don't know how I'll be able to control him. He hasn't even crawled yet, but let me tell you: Cooper is ready to run.

I don't know if we'll ever be able to catch him.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Coop's almost done with the amoxycillin. We post this photo here tonight so that in 10,000 years when the Blogger server is found in an archaeological dig, future civilizations will know how people in the early 21st century gave their babies amoxycillin.
Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

1 comment:

mini me's momma said...

Been there, experienced that so you have my sympathies... suddenly everything is exciting when they're up but the parents are barely functioning.
Why is it that if they cry, and you pick them up they go back to sleep...yet when you attempt to place them back in the crib, suddenly the eyes are open again...(in our house this gae cn continue for several minutes upto several hours) yet slepp can come if placed in bed w/Mom & Dad...