Friday, September 16, 2005

This is the extra special Friday edition of "The Mini Cooper" blog.

I don't normally post on Fridays but I'm in good blogging mood tonight.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Very Minor But Important Accomplishment #1239
The kid's gone and done it again. He's always one upping himself. An overachiever, he is. Today he went from sitting to standing by pulling himself up under his own power while using Daddy's thumbs for leverage. Then for good measure he did it a few more times to show Mommy.

Ah, time goes by so fast. It seems like just the other day he started sitting up all on his own... Oh yeah... It was just the other day. At this rate I'm guessing he's going to be crawling pretty soon. That is, if he doesn't start walking first. As far as that goes, I've said before he'll probably run before he can walk. I sincerely hope that is not the case. I need the time to adjust to these changes in his evolution.

I do like the whole sitting up on his own thing. It's kind of nice. What I'm not going to like is now we have to buy him some more toys to play with.


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

A thought: Why does it seem like the phone always rings when Cooper is throwing a fit?

A Little Funny Story to Tell

Yesterday our babysitter Joyce made us some peanut butter cookies. They're very good cookies. Oh, to die for. Some of them even have a Hershey's kiss on them. Thank you, Joyce. They are so great.

Well, one of them apparently (with a Hershey's kiss) had fallen out and was on the back seat. Micole found it this morning smashed when she was getting Cooper out of the car to take him into Joyce's house. She thinks to herself, "I better call Marty and let him know." Then just as quickly, she forgets.

About 5 minutes after she picks me up from work this evening, she remembers. So I'm thinking, "Oh great. You're telling me that I may have a brown stain somewhere on the butt of my pants. Worse, I've walked around with it all day on my pants. I took a two mile walk at lunch. I even had a short meeting with the executive vice president of our business line and I'M WALKING AROUND WITH A BROWN TURD-LIKE STAIN ON MY BEHIND?!?!?! This has the potential to be the most humiliating day of my life. People will be talking about me at work for years. 'Yeah, he was the guy that had a turd on the outside of his pants!'"

So in the backseat, next to Cooper in his carseat, while Micole is driving 60 mph down the highway, I pulled my pants down and looked for a brown stain, on the outside of my pants, of course. I found nothing. A heavenly sense of relief set in.

Now I'm sitting there in the backseat with my pants down to my ankles. I can't leave them that way. But pulling them up is a much more difficult maneuver than was the pulling down. I'm squished between Cooper's carseat and the door. The only way I could get them up and then only halfway up, was to stand up. So I basically looked like I was some 17 year old kid with my butt smashed up against the window getting ready to moon everyone.

Later on after I got out of the vehicle we did find a stain, but it was very mild and not as noticeable as I originally feared. My fragile psyche is okay.

Cooper, there's no vitamin B in it and the apple on the other side is not edible.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

4 comments:

mini me's momma said...

Woops..Hershey's doing some major ass kissing, or wait...nevermind. Funny story :-) Cute toy-looks like Sesame St? The one with the colored balls? What is it/what does it do? We're always looking for different, interesting toys...

Marty said...

The toy is Sesame Street. You spin, it lights up & makes noise. The child can push on some buttons and it'll make a different noise. There some dials that can be turned to make another noise and so on. It's kind of a neat little toy. I don't know what it's called. I'm not sure if it has batteries in it or it uses energy from the spinning to run. I can't find anywhere where the batteries would go.

mini me's momma said...

Thanks :-D

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness he is adorable! And an overacheiver too! My kid is adorable, but is a very late bloomer. Thanks for visiting my blog.