Sunday, September 18, 2005

Who Dey!

Cooper's sleeping in the swing right now. We haven't put him in it for quite some time. It used to be the first weapon in my arsenal for calming him down when he got all fussy. I haven't done that in months. If he's fussy now I just take him into the bathroom and put him in front of the vanity mirror. He just stares at himself. Sometimes he even smiles, sometimes to himself, sometimes to my reflection. This technique works most of the time. When it doesn't he probably needs a diaper change or a bottle or he's sick. The sick part you just have to wait out. The other two I always hope I can let Mommy do, especially if there is football on TV.


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

A little closer up.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

My weekend was all football. Yesterday, I prepared myself for a trip to Mount Everest. I climbed all the way up to my seat in the top section of Ohio Stadium, aka The Horseshoe, to watch the Bucks play San Diego State. It was a lot of work just to get to seats that required you to squint to see the play. Today, my neck got sunburnt while watching the Bengals trounce the Vikings. I'm not going to gloat, because one of my blogger friends is a Vikings fan. So I apologize to all Vikings fans. We shouldn't have beaten you that badly. Sorry.

That sunburn is going to kill me tomorrow. I've got a little bit of the raccoon eyes going, but mostly my neck is burnt.


Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

Things I Think I Think or I Think I Learned This Weekend But I'm Not Sure
  1. Buckeyes QB Troy Smith, doesn't make very good reads on pass plays. He looks at the first option and doesn't ever check down to the next available receiver. Guys were often wide open and he either completely missed it or he threw to someone who was covered.
  2. I'd love to take Cooper to a football game. I can't wait until he's old enough. He'll get a real lesson at the game. I'll be like, "As you can see they're set up in the power I formation with double tights. It's probably going to be a run or play action pass to a tight end..." and "As a defensive end you have to maintain containment of the running backs on all plays. That's going to kill you every time if you don't..." and "Never ever return a punt that goes inside the 10 yard line. You put your feet on the 10 and if it goes over your head you act like you're going to fair catch it." With my luck he'll probably want to be a figure skater or really like crochet and never give two hoots about football.
  3. QB Carson Palmer of the Bengals, mostly makes the right reads on his passes. He doesn't look like a rookie anymore. The Bengals finally got the right QB.
  4. The Bengals were sloppy. They made a large number of mistakes. They had a touchdown taken away by a penalty, they had several false starts, a couple of delay of games, they lost 2 turnovers because of penalties, Chad Johnson dropped 3 passes in a row, and Palmer threw an interception in the end zone when they would've had 3 sure points. Despite all this they won 37-8. Good teams can make mistakes and still win. I point to the Patriots. They're good enough that usually any mistakes they make don't cost them the game. Of course, they lost today. Hopefully, this is a sign that the Bengals are good enough that they can make mistakes and still win.
  5. What's up with people who wear a Broncos jersey to a Bengals vs Vikings game? I wanted to go up to this guy and be like, "Hey! You're at the wrong game! Denver is playing San Diego in Denver!"


A funny picture of Cooper.

Upload Video and Photos at JussPress.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luckily Troy Smith was playing the San Diego State defense. '

Gettin' tired of the "This is the year we put it all together" line here in San Diego.

Anonymous said...

"With my luck he'll probably want to be a figure skater or really like crochet and never give two hoots about football." That was hilarious! My brother has the same fear, and the day he caught his oldest playing with the twins' dolls, he nearly had a coronary! LOL

Oh, and Marty - thanks! I really appreciate the guest blogging gig you did today! It was an awesome post!